Many executives have a love-hate relationship with consulting. Why? Perhaps they believe in these myths:
- Only weak players hire consultants.
- Once consultants scope and organize the work, your own people should be able to take over.
- Consultants just want to drag out the project as long as possible.
- We can probably do it ourselves for less money.
- Staff augmentation is basically the same as consulting.
- If there were no major glitches, you probably overpaid.
Are you trying to decide whether to allocate budget to hiring a consultant? You may be surprised how huge the management consulting business is: $253 billion worldwide and growing 5.6% annually. This expert guide reveals the truths that dispel the myths above. See why leaders that choose consultants wisely find that it’s money well spent.